Monday, April 7, 2008

Roy Williams Headin To Dallas?



Detroit Lions receiver Roy Williams has heard all the talk and rumors about a possible draft-day trade to the Dallas Cowboys and said he is prepared for whatever happens.

The former Longhorn star -- who was in Austin over the weekend for the Texas Relays and the Michael Huff celebrity basketball game -- wants to stay in Detroit.

"Of course I want to stay in Detroit," Williams said. "Everybody wants to stay with the team that drafted them. They are telling me I am going to be a Lion for at least one more season. That’s what I have on my mind."

Williams knows what he’s been told by the Lions, but he also understands the business of the game. He recited the money the team has guaranteed to fellow Lions receiver Calvin Johnson. Williams is in the final year of his contract and the Lions have yet to approach him about an extension.

So even though he has been told he will be in Detroit next year, he understands there remains the question of "what are they going to do with me?"

"Could they pay me? Yes," Williams said. "Will they pay me? That’s the question that needs to be answered.

“If I get franchised, I get franchised. If they want to go in another direction that is part of the business."

Full Article.

-the boss

No comments: